As per Napa County requirements, all guests, regardless of vaccination status, must wear face coverings at all times while indoors other than when seated for service.
For the safety of our guests and employees, James Cole Winery has introduced the following requirements for visitors. By entering our premises, you agree to abide by the following directives, as well as any verbal instructions provided by our employees, to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all. Additionally, you acknowledge the contagious nature of the COVID-19 virus, and voluntarily release and hold harmless James Cole Winery, its employees, agents and representatives, from any liabilities, claims, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto your decision to visit and/or participate in a tasting experience on our premises. If any minors are accompanying your group, their respective parent or guardian agrees to these terms on their behalf by bringing them on-site.
1. Advanced reservations are required for all tasting experiences. Feel free to call us at 707-251-9905 if you are seeking a reservation.Groups larger than 6 must contact us directly to discuss availability and will not be able to book through our website.
2. We encourage you to dress comfortably for the weather, as even with indoor tastings, we may leave windows and doors open to increase ventilation.
3. As per Napa County requirements, all guests, regardless of vaccination status, must wear face coverings at all times while indoors other than when seated for service.
4. By entering this property, you confirm you are not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, and have not experienced any such symptoms for at least the past 3 days. These symptoms include cough, fever over 100.4 degrees, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or recent loss of taste or smell.
5. Please wash and/or sanitize your hands upon arrival as well as after sneezing, blowing your nose, coughing, or using the restroom. Sanitizer, soap and water are readily available.
6. When possible, please use credit card or other low-contact payments methods rather than cash.
7. Employees have the right to refuse or end service to any guest exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. If you are asked to leave our facility for this reason, we appreciate your immediate attention to this request and your understanding in this matter.